open the door
16 N. 2nd Street, Denton, MD (410) 479-2055

Tuckahoe Neck Meeting House

Location:Bus. Rt. 404 & Rt. 328, Denton, MD
Tags:

Nicholites, a sect of the Society of Friends that originated in Caroline County, built the Tuckahoe Neck Meeting House in 1802. The building was used as a house of worship and as a Friends School until 1897 and then rented by “Dunkards” for religious meetings for blind persons and as a school.