open the door
16 N. 2nd Street, Denton, MD (410) 479-2055


Location: Old Denton Rd., Federalsburg, MD
Hours: By Appointment Only

Exeter’s land was patented to Rev. Thomas Dill of Exeter Fief, England upon his arrival to Maryland colony on April 27th, 1732. Dill came as appointed minister to the congregation of St. Mary’s White Chapel, located south of Preston. The Exeter house, a finely preserved early 19th century vernacular, was accepted and listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Exeter is now owned and maintained by the Federalsburg Historical Society and can be toured by appointment.